Skip to main content

Writing Stats for August 1-7

It is amazing that I got ANY writing in this week, but here are the stats:

Monday: +118 words

Tuesday: +93 words

Wednesday: No Writing

Thursday: +148 words

Friday: +112 words

Saturday: +148 words

Sunday: No Writing

Total Words Written This Week: 619 words

Total Project Word Count: 4,203 words

I'm pretty upset that I didn't hit ANY of my goals this week.  I didn't write at least 6 days, I didn't write 1200 words, and I didn't hit 100 words per writing session. Also, I didn't finish chapter 2 (but I'm REALLY CLOSE)

This was a pretty bad writing week.  But, similar to last week, it was an AWESOME friends week full of spontaneous road trips, the beach, fun centers, late night pie excursions, church picnics, and movie nights.  This is what summer is supposed to be made of.  I also had a job interview (update: didn't get the job) and did some work on our patio, and lots of working out.

Do I need to learn to be more assertive with my writing goals? Sure.

But do I regret any of the non-writing things I did this week? nope.

So, lets set some more goals, but some less intense ones.

Goals:


  • Write 6 days a week
  • Write at least 100 words per writing session
  • Finish Chapter 2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Chat!

What I Did This Week... This week has been super busy!   Sunday:  Had a meeting at Job #2 suuuuper early in the morning (I am NOT a morning person), and then it was off to church for the Palm Sunday service, which was awesome.  The church was freshly decorated for the season, and the children had a Palm Parade, where they walked around the block, waving their new palms around.  Super cute.  Then, I went to the coffee shop to TRY to get some writing in (that didn't go too well, but I had a delicious pot of green tea). And then I came home and worked on school work (I get my Masters in 2 months!). Workout and Meditation. Monday:  Worked at Job #1 (the library), ran errands, workout and meditation. Tuesday:  Worked at Job #2 (corporate job, ew). Had a TERRIBLE day, but that was made better by these beautiful flowers from my SO: Wednesday:  Worked on my Grad Portfolio ALL DAY (Did I mention I get my Masters in TWO MONTHS??) ...

Hold on to your butts, this is a long one.

I've been thinking a lot lately about creative nonfiction - and that's probably due to the fact that for the first time in 7(?) years, I have been inspired by people.  Real life people. I took my first creative nonfiction class in community college because it was a term I had never heard before.  How on Earth could an essay be creative? But it opened up this new world to me, a world of memoir and a level of thought that I needed and ended up thriving on. the first creative essay I wrote landed me a spot reading in a swanky art gallery surrounded by middle aged, well dressed academics drinking wine (which was, and still is my measurement of success). I continued taking creative nonfiction as a writing major at Southern Oregon University. I got A;s, I was told I could easily be a biographer or a memoirist, or essayist writing for any number of journals, and yet, for some reason, I stopped. I attended Grad School where I studied Library Science, not just because I wanted to b...

Writing Update

Hello everyone! Just a quick writing update before I head for vacation later this week.  There probably won't be an update next Monday, and the usual Weekly Writing Progress posts will resume in March (I'll do another quick update before then). As I've mentioned, I am in rewrites for my main project.  I finished the rewrite of chapter one (and it is somewhere just over 2,000 words). While my rewrite is going better than I anticipated (now that I know the direction that I want to go), I still find that writing long is difficult. I'm so used to writing short stories, that when I try to write something long, I know I tend to ramble. I am sure that is something that will get better the more the write and the more I practice but for right now its a fine line for me between writing not enough, and just sort of...rambling. I've never been one for what I like to call "fluffy" language. I don't like a lot of extra detail, but at the same time, this ha...