Skip to main content

Writing Stats for September 5 - 11

Can I just post a picture of a lemon for this week?  That's how I feel this week went.

Anyway, here are the numbers:

Monday: No words

Tuesday: +180 word

Wednesday: No Words

Thursday: No words

Friday: No Words

Saturday: +145 words

Sunday +427 words

Total words written this week: 752

Total project word count: 7454

So why no writing?  CARPAL TUNNEL.

I honestly didn't write on Monday or Wednesday due to just not making time, but I woke up Thursday morning and I couldn't move, or put any weight on, or hold anything with my right hand.  It was feeling better on Saturday and Sunday, but I think I overworked it.  Today, typing this, I am in some pretty terrible pain.

I am not going to make any goals for the week.  If my wrist is up to the task of writing, I'll write.  But I think I'll make the goal for the week to catch up on some much needed reading.  I'm a firm believer that if you want to write a lot, you need to read a lot, and I've been slacking a little on the reading thing.

Also, I'm planning some horror writing related posts for the future (just in time for Halloween) so stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Chat!

What I Did This Week... This week has been super busy!   Sunday:  Had a meeting at Job #2 suuuuper early in the morning (I am NOT a morning person), and then it was off to church for the Palm Sunday service, which was awesome.  The church was freshly decorated for the season, and the children had a Palm Parade, where they walked around the block, waving their new palms around.  Super cute.  Then, I went to the coffee shop to TRY to get some writing in (that didn't go too well, but I had a delicious pot of green tea). And then I came home and worked on school work (I get my Masters in 2 months!). Workout and Meditation. Monday:  Worked at Job #1 (the library), ran errands, workout and meditation. Tuesday:  Worked at Job #2 (corporate job, ew). Had a TERRIBLE day, but that was made better by these beautiful flowers from my SO: Wednesday:  Worked on my Grad Portfolio ALL DAY (Did I mention I get my Masters in TWO MONTHS??) ...

Hold on to your butts, this is a long one.

I've been thinking a lot lately about creative nonfiction - and that's probably due to the fact that for the first time in 7(?) years, I have been inspired by people.  Real life people. I took my first creative nonfiction class in community college because it was a term I had never heard before.  How on Earth could an essay be creative? But it opened up this new world to me, a world of memoir and a level of thought that I needed and ended up thriving on. the first creative essay I wrote landed me a spot reading in a swanky art gallery surrounded by middle aged, well dressed academics drinking wine (which was, and still is my measurement of success). I continued taking creative nonfiction as a writing major at Southern Oregon University. I got A;s, I was told I could easily be a biographer or a memoirist, or essayist writing for any number of journals, and yet, for some reason, I stopped. I attended Grad School where I studied Library Science, not just because I wanted to b...

Writing Update

Hello everyone! Just a quick writing update before I head for vacation later this week.  There probably won't be an update next Monday, and the usual Weekly Writing Progress posts will resume in March (I'll do another quick update before then). As I've mentioned, I am in rewrites for my main project.  I finished the rewrite of chapter one (and it is somewhere just over 2,000 words). While my rewrite is going better than I anticipated (now that I know the direction that I want to go), I still find that writing long is difficult. I'm so used to writing short stories, that when I try to write something long, I know I tend to ramble. I am sure that is something that will get better the more the write and the more I practice but for right now its a fine line for me between writing not enough, and just sort of...rambling. I've never been one for what I like to call "fluffy" language. I don't like a lot of extra detail, but at the same time, this ha...