Skip to main content

Two Week Stats Blog August 22-September 4

Okay, here are the stats:

Monday August 22: +100 words

Tuesday August 23: No Writing

Wednesday August 24: +107 words

Thursday August 25: +100 words

Friday August 26: No Writing

Saturday August 27: No Writing

Sunday August 28: +325 words

Total words written this week: 632 words

Total project word count: 6702

So this week wasn't my best.  I worked 6 days and 2 of them were 13 hour days, and right now I am not good at fitting writing into stressful days, which I know is something that I need to work on.  But this last week was much better!

Monday August 29: +175 words

Tuesday August 30: No Writing

Wednesday August 31: +158 words

Thursday September 1: +115 words

Friday September 2: +126 words

Saturday September 3: No Writing

Sunday September 4: +124 words

Total words written this week: 698 words

Total project word count: 7400

Okay, so I didn't do as well as I thought, now that I've counted the words.  However, it was another 6 day week for me and like I said before, I'm not good at fitting writing in when I am super stressed.  BUT my schedule should be going back to normal and with that comes my basic writing goals.

Oddly enough, my goals are usually just write 100 words 6 days a week, which equals 600 words, and I've met my word count goal both of these weeks, but the words suck.  Not just first draft kind of suck, but like, forgetting writing 101 stuff kind of suck.  I used the word 'mirror' 3 sentences in a row, for example.  I'm sure its because I was so stressed and was just trying to get words on the page, and while that's good sometimes, I don't really like it for me.  I need to feel like my words are decent to build up my confidence while I write.

Anyway.  This week the goal is to get back to basics.  And I'm hoping to get some writing and spiritual themed blog posts in soon too.  I like these stats posts because they keep me accountable, but they aren't a thrilling read.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Shop Chat!

What I Did This Week... This week has been super busy!   Sunday:  Had a meeting at Job #2 suuuuper early in the morning (I am NOT a morning person), and then it was off to church for the Palm Sunday service, which was awesome.  The church was freshly decorated for the season, and the children had a Palm Parade, where they walked around the block, waving their new palms around.  Super cute.  Then, I went to the coffee shop to TRY to get some writing in (that didn't go too well, but I had a delicious pot of green tea). And then I came home and worked on school work (I get my Masters in 2 months!). Workout and Meditation. Monday:  Worked at Job #1 (the library), ran errands, workout and meditation. Tuesday:  Worked at Job #2 (corporate job, ew). Had a TERRIBLE day, but that was made better by these beautiful flowers from my SO: Wednesday:  Worked on my Grad Portfolio ALL DAY (Did I mention I get my Masters in TWO MONTHS??) Thursday:  Got to spend the who

Real Talk: Writers Resistance

So you'll notice in Monday's stats blog that I won't have a lot to write about.  I haven't made a lot of progress. I've hit resistance.  I won't call it writers block for a lot of reasons, but mostly because I HAVE ideas.  I have good ideas. But I've hit this type of resistance before. You see, I've been trying to write a novel forever.  I remember starting to try to write novels in high school, and then for various reasons, I kinda gave up writing all together for a few years, and then fell back in love with it when I transferred to Southern Oregon University.  But, I gave up novel writing.  I wrote (and still write) short stories.  I've published short stories, I make money (sometimes...very much sometimes) writing short stories.  I'm good at it, and for a long time I gave up again on the idea of writing a novel Until I went to library school.  I guess being around all of those novels, and talking about novels, and helping people find n

The blog has moved!

You can see my blog posts every Saturday here I'll keep the old site up for a while to allow people to catch up. See you in the new place!